Working together, we found new ways to:
- identify more sex trafficking victims and bring their traffickers to justice;
- strengthen state laws to prevent auto thieves from stealing cars and scrapping them, often before owners noticed they were gone;
- make possible what was formerly impossible – for kids languishing in the foster care system to be reunited with their families when it’s in their best interest by bringing people together to get the Family Reunification Act passed by the legislature;
- identify and provide services to veterans whose collateral consequences of service can lead to involvement with the criminal justice system; and
- pilot the use of GPS technology to keep domestic abuse victims safe.
I am really proud of everything we’ve been able to accomplish and I’m looking forward to doing even more in my third term. I’ve gotten such positive feedback and enthusiasm from so many of you— I can’t thank you enough.
I will continue to approach our work in the criminal justice system through an innovative lens and strive to ensure that the outcomes we achieve reflect our community’s values, hold offenders accountable, and keep our neighborhoods safe.